The HCT-CV is a computerized version of the Halstead Category Test for Adults, the Halstead Category Test for Older Children, and the Reitan-Indiana Category Test for Young Children allowing evaluation of Adults, Older, and Young Children. The HCT-CV replicates all the salient features of the original Halstead Category Test without the bulk of the wooden display box and slide projector. The HCT-CV implements the same test philosophy, testing procedures and materials of Halstead and Reitan. As in the original HCT, the HCT-CV presents the Halstead Category test slides on a display screen, uses a separate 4-button patient answer panel, uses the same bell and buzzer sounds for correct and incorrect responses, and employs the same test administration instructions. Further, the HCT-CV replicates the original administration procedures by having the examiner control slide presentation and interact with the patient.
The HCT-CV offers portability, convenience, and improved accuracy in administration. The HCT-CV will administer the age-appropriate version of the test.
The HCT-CV provides a printout of patient test results, standard scoring, and NDS rating.
The HCT-CV is directly comparable to the original gray box version of the Halstead Category Test.
This software is machine dependent and provides unlimited use.
- Halstead Category Test – Computer Version for Adults, Older and Young Children download link
- 4-button Answer Panel with USB connector – Adults/Older Children version
- 4-button Answer Panel with USB connector – Young Children version
- 6 foot USB extension cable
- Keyboard shield (for laptop users)
- User Manual
- Manual for Administration and Scoring
- Halstead Category Test recording forms – Adults, Older, Young Children, 50 forms each
Hardware and Software Requirements:
- Windows 8 or later
- Display monitor of 14” or more
- 2-button mouse
- One available USB port